Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Wisdom of Ruben

Since my car is wobbling on 3 wheels and one donut, and the driver's side door is falling apart and completely inoperable ( I have to crawl through the back door to the front) and the nice roadside assistance man who changed my tire told me my shocks are shot, I am finding the zen in my car woes.

After filling Rubin, my mechanic, in on the events of my life the last year, he told me, "Callie, jou know what jou need to do, get these people out of your life, they no good." I replied, "Yeah, I have to just let go of all the bad people." He then gave me a look of disapproval that I understood. I immediately rephrased what I had said, "They are not bad, just not good for me. I can wish them well and let them go out of my life." He said "Yeah, that's more like it. They not bad. You can't have everyone in your life, sometimes you let them go, and maybe they come back, maybe not."

This reminded me of a yogic mantra I learned in my teacher training. "I love what comes, and I love what goes."

This taught me to let go of jobs, people, cloths etc., things that no longer fit into my growing life any more. By doing this I made room for new wonderful fitting people, jobs, and things. This may sound harsh, but when people drag you down it's a sign that you are not good for them either. You're doing you both a favor by letting them go.

There will always be the keepers you have in your life forever. And you know who they are.

Namaste...

No comments:

Post a Comment